Tuesday 31 March 2009

MBB Account Activation??

I’ve been receiving few emails from sender named as ‘Maybank Berhad’ telling me about the account activation. This is the final email I got:

Dear Valued Customer,

This is your final warning to review your account as it was last accessed from a remote blacklisted location. For safety reasons, we have suspended access to your account pending your verification and confirmation.

Activate Now
http://www.maybank2u.com.my/

Please be informed that inactive accounts will be closed for security purposes. We regret any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Maybank Berhad©
www.maybank2u.com.my
Security Notification - 2009


I called to MBB to check on it and I was told no such action taken for MBB client on credit card. In fact, I only engaged the credit card service at MBB.

For those who received this kind email, do not simply response to it.

1 comment:

Yoke Fun said...

thanks for your info, but I always ignore such email especially from unknown sender. You are right, better call them directly and check, more safe.